Resiliency Mental Health is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with the American Psychological Association’s Ethical Principles of Psychologists. Resiliency Mental Health will comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, program content and in the treatment of program participants. The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of the Education Chair in consultation with the members of the continuing education committee, the Resiliency Mental Health Ethics Chairperson, and the Convention Chairperson.
While Resiliency Mental Health goes to great lengths to assure fair treatment for all participants and attempts to anticipate problems, there will be occasional issues which come to the attention of the convention staff which require intervention and/or action on the part of the convention staff or an officer of Resiliency Mental Health. This procedural description serves as a guideline for handling such grievances.
1. When a participant, either orally or in written format, files a grievance and expects action on the complaint, the following actions will be taken. If the grievance concerns a speaker, the content presented by the speaker, or the style of presentation, the individual filing the grievance will be asked to put their comments in written format. The CE Chair will then pass on the comments to the speaker, assuring the confidentiality of the grieved individual.
2. If the grievance concerns a workshop offering, its content, level of presentation, or the facilities in which the workshop was offered, the convention chair will mediate and will be the final arbitrator. If the participant requests action, the convention chair will:
- Attempt to move the participant to another workshop;
- Provide credit for a subsequent workshop; or
- Provide a partial or full refund of the workshop fee
3. If the grievance concerns Resiliency Mental Health’s CE program, in a specific regard, the CE Chair will attempt to arbitrate.
Contact Person: Dr. Amy Marschall
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Number: (605)681-6581
Mailing Address: 2522 W 41st St #154, Sioux Falls, SD 57105
Alternate Contact: Ashley Cairns, MA
Contact Email: email@example.com